Thursday, August 14, 2008

Steve Jobs not ALWAYS a marketing genius!


I noticed this quote on one of my discussion groups:

"When asked about the new Amazon Kindle product, Steve Jobs CEO of Apple computer had this to say:

“It doesn’t matter how good or bad the product is, the fact is that people don’t read anymore,” he said. “Forty percent of the people in the U.S. read one book or less last year. The whole conception is flawed at the top because people don’t read anymore.”

Apparently there must be some other reason my eyes are so tired when I get home from work!!

This reminds me of the ridiculous comment he made a number of years ago about his colorful new line of Macs (when they came out with the lime green, etc.) saying essentially that it doesn't matter what's under the hood - what matters is how cool your computer looks! Give me a break!!!

No comments: